Friday, December 19, 2008

Prodigal Son 2

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
“How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' John3:3-7


To Joel


I have one question for you; are you born again? It sounds to me that you have tried to understand scripture without being born again, without letting Jesus into your heart so He can reveal the truth to you. You try to figure out scripture with your intellect. You can’t. Only The Holy Spirit can show you how it all fits together.

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Tim 3:16-17.


I have studied some philosophy; I was a seeker before I found the truth. I was seeking everywhere. None of the famous philosophers to my knowledge found the truth. Some spent their whole life trying to prove that God does not exist. Seems like a pretty futile mission. I had a teacher in philosophy that was the most confused unhappy person. That alone told me it was not for me.


I mentioned how I lived before I got saved, a very common lifestyle among people who are not believers. A lot of people in “the world”, meaning non Christians, couldn’t make it without a “fix” every week which could be alcohol, legal or illegal drugs. That’s the truth behind the facade in many people’s life. Just check out how many prescription drugs are used in this country. And they all claim to be just FINE, right?


And it’s not about “understanding” Christianity, it’s about letting the Holy Spirit transform you. And again if you really did “understand” what it’s all about, you would be a fool to renounce it.
So do you think that you in your own power can defeat Satan and his demons, or have you in your “understanding” come to the conclusion that the spiritual world doesn’t exist?



Maybe you can live without Jesus, but can you die without Him? I think I was a teenager when I realized that I actually will be present at my own death. That’s a realization most people don’t want to take in. The Bible says it’s good to think about those things when we are young.


I have peace in my heart, a peace that’s out of this world. I wake up with a song in my heart and I have joy for no apparent reason. I’m forever young in my spirit and energy and inspiration flows through me because of Jesus in me. That’s priceless.

No comments:

Followers