Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ted Haggard in the news again.

I haven’t been writing here for a while. Guess I‘ve been a little to wrapped up in Facebook.

One thing that did upset me recently was seeing the former New Life pastor Ted Haggard on Larry King Live.

I am a firm believer of forgiveness and restoration, and I know from my own experience that is one of God’s main goals with all of us. What I’m reacting to is that here is a man who has hurt so many people that he was entrusted with by God, some that may never fully recover and be able to believe in Christian leadership again, sitting on National TV with his family who say that they want to “tell their story”. I feel really bad for his whole family and I can’t even imagine what they are going through, but my point is, please don’t make a show case of this, don’t give the world another reason to slam Christians.

I think the proper thing to do would be to withdraw from the public arena and let God do his work. My feeling is; I don’t want to hear your story, I have heard it already and if you need to go public again, it should be in a Christian setting with pastors that can fully verify that you have been forgiven, restored and delivered. It would be very different to see Ted Haggard on TBN or the Inspiration channel. That would show that God has truly done something in his life, because I’m sure they wouldn’t put him on unless he had truly repented.

Again, I completely believe in forgiveness and the Christian community should be ready to forgive, but please don’t go to secular media, it’s none of their business.

“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?” 1 Corinthians 6:1-2


This is the scripture I’m thinking of. It speaks about lawsuits but I think it can be applied to this case as well. This chapter goes on to talk about sexual immorality and even homosexual offenders and how they will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I think that anybody that is serious would not turn to the world for help or sympathy but would go to God first and then seek counsel from godly men and women. And we as believers don’t need publicity to get by. We need the power of God and Him only. He can change any situation; He can drag us out of the pit. He can transform any circumstance when all we want is to please Him.

The whole thing just didn’t seem right to me.

No comments:

Followers